Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Well, I lost my class president elections today. I would like to say I'm not surprised, but I sort of had this little string of hope that maybe I could win. I thought I could represent us normal people. The ones who have three to four bad hair days a week and who trip on a regular basis and who still have trouble opening their lockers. I thought I stood for something. It's not like the two winners of the elections are all that popular or good-looking or leader-like either. After all, the cool kids are far too cool to even contemplate running in student elections. So, naturally, this leads me to a question I have asked myself many times before: what do they have that I don't? Is there some memo that everyone else received going into high school that I have completely missed out on?
After frantically running out of school at the sound of the bell to avoid all possible human contact after my loss and after breaking down a little in the cab ride home, I thought of something: who gives a shit after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment